This month Print will release its first book under the newly established Print Publications line. Identify: Basic Principles of Identity Design in the Iconic Trademarks of Chermayeff & Geismar looks back at the last half century of work by Chermayeff & Geismar,
the design studio behind many of the world’s most recognizable
trademarks: Chase Bank, the Library of Congress, NBC, National
Geographic, PBS, Showtime, and many others. Established in 1957, the
firm helped pioneer the modern movement of idea-driven graphic design,
and its projects span every discipline, including visual identities,
exhibitions, print and motion graphics, and art in architecture.
we talked to the firm’s partners, Ivan Chermayeff, Tom Geismar, and
Sagi Haviv, about swooshes (never!), whether Paul Rand shares
responsibility for Enron (no), and who is really the boss (none of
them). Read the full interview.
- Get Inspired: Color Inspirations
- Improve Your Design Skills: Creative Workshop
- Register for Print’s Master Class on Branding and Management
- Get an inside look at logo design from Chermayeff & Geismar
- Design masterminds share secrets and tips on identity design and branding strategies.