8.29.14 / Weekend Heller: AIGA's 100 Years, Now in Atlanta
AIGA (formerly known as the American Institute of Graphic Arts) celebrates its centennial year with an exquisite exhibition at Museum of Design Atlanta culled from the organization’s archives. Artifacts by designers like Paul Rand, Saul Bass, Milton Glaser, Stefan Sagmeister and many “more reveals the increasing power, precision and nuance that design brings to our commercial and cultural dialogue,” states the MODA website.
Curated by AIGA medalist and president, Sean Adams, in collaboration with AIGA medalist, Doug Grimmett, of Primal Screen, this historic assemblage is on view for the very first time anywhere. August 17 – October 5.
Print’s Legends in Advertising
• Subscribe today and get 6 issues for $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• The PANTONE PLUS SERIES SOLID COLOR Set offers graphic designers, pre-press professionals and printers 1,755 solid color choices — including 644 new colors added since 2010, with 84 colors added just this year — in both fan guide and chips formats. Use fan guides to select, specify and match color, and attach tear-out chips to artwork and digital files for easy and consistent color communication. Lowest prices + free U.S. shipping on all Pantone!
• SEO and content strategy aren't simply ways to boost the visibility of one article or blog post; these processes shape the credibility and success of an entire website. In this one-hour webinar, you'll learn how to think like a web writer, improve your content strategy and maximize conversion rates.
• When: October 9, 2014
• Time: 1pm - 2pm ET (1 hour)
• HOW International Design Awards recognizes excellence on a global scale - See more at: http://www.howdesign.com/design-competitions/international-design-awards/
• HOW Interactive Design Conference - Sept. 3-5 at Washington DC, Oct. 19-21 at Chicago, Nov. 17-19 at San Francisco - Register Now!
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Technology Gets The Raspberries
Branding ISIS, ISIL, IS
The Vend Diagram
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• Federico Babina Merges Architecture + Animals
• Comeback Kid: @issue Gets New Online Presence
• 34 Brilliant Graphic Design and Paper Ads From the ’60s
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).