1.30.15 / Weekend Heller: Stencil Type and Lettering
In Stencil Type, Louise Fili and I explore the variety and influence of the world’s most ubiquitous typographic style, which dates to prehistoric times and has been used on a range of surfaces from street signs, buildings and bridges to packaging and posters. Read more at AIGA here.
• Subscribe today and get one year for only $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• The PANTONE PLUS SERIES SOLID COLOR Set offers graphic designers, pre-press professionals and printers 1,755 solid color choices — including 644 new colors added since 2010, with 84 colors added just this year — in both fan guide and chips formats. Use fan guides to select, specify and match color, and attach tear-out chips to artwork and digital files for easy and consistent color communication. Lowest prices + free U.S. shipping on all Pantone!
• In this design webcast, Paul Boag will help you discover what’s possible. With a website that plays nicely with social media you can increase customer retention, deepen engagement, and take advantage of the opportunity to convert a content consumer into a participant of the broader community you’re creating around your brand.
• When: OnDemand
• Time: 1 hour
• PRINT Regional Design Annual 2015 - Early Bird Deadline February 27, 2105 - See more at: http://www.printmag.com/design-competitions/regional-design-annual/
• HOW Design Live - May 4-8 at Chicago IL - Early Bird Register Ends Feb. 3
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Elbert Hubbard’s Little Title Pages
When New York Was Deutsche
Give My Regards to Broadway
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• 7 Outstanding Comics and Cartoon Books of 2014
• Announcing the 2015 RDA: The Industry’s Best Graphic Design Competition
• 5 of the Best Book Covers of 2014
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).