7.29.16 / Weekend Heller: Relive Pain
Relive and Relieve. Take time out of your busy day to lotion up with a liniment that works as well on humans as on horses. My favorite is Comstock’s N and B. Sometimes it works, while other times it makes the pain come back. Two virtues in one handy-dandy bottle.
Is there anything better than vintage drugstore countertop displays?
The experts who write for PRINT magazine cover the why of design—why the world of design looks the way it does, how it has evolved, and why the way it looks matters. Subscribe to PRINT today, and get in on the conversation of what the brightest minds in the field are talking about right now—essential insight that every designer should know to get ahead.
Treat yourself and your team to a year of PRINT for $40—which includes the massive Regional Design Annual ($29.99 on newsstands).
• Subscribe today and get one year for only $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• In an age of retina and high definition displays, accurate and effective use of color is paramount. Grow in your understanding of how color works, and how you can make it work for your design work with Color: The Professional's Guide by Karen Triedman. With comprehensive information on color design and over 300 color images, discover a wide range of examples, techniques, inspiration, and solutions to fit your needs, whatever your discipline.
• Typography 101: Letterform Design I—Workshop: This class will help you to learn the details of typographic perception through basic letterform design. You will learn typographic nomenclature, basic letterform design, positive/negative space balance, and more.
• Register today
• HOW International Design Awards. Deadline is August 12th, 2016. Details at http://www.howdesign.com/design-competitions/international-design-awards/
• HOW Design Live - Join us in Chicago in MAy 2017! www.howdesignlive.com
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Button Design: Low Tech, High Intensity
Literacy and Resonance: Humanity and Design
Why Falling in a Manhole Isn’t Funny
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• 22 of the Big Apple's Best Designs
• Color Matching Systems: Choosing & Using Color
• 10 Tools for Building the Perfect Color Palettes
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).