11.27.15 / Weekend Heller: In My Beautiful Balloon
Thanks to the Pilgrims we have Thanksgiving balloons. Thanks to Thanksgiving we have yet another way to promote the capitalist system. Just sayin’. . . . . Here are some iconic balloons of days past.
• Subscribe today and get one year for only $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• The PANTONE PLUS SERIES SOLID COLOR Set offers graphic designers, pre-press professionals and printers 1,755 solid color choices — including 644 new colors added since 2010, with 84 colors added just this year — in both fan guide and chips formats. Use fan guides to select, specify and match color, and attach tear-out chips to artwork and digital files for easy and consistent color communication. Lowest prices + free U.S. shipping on all Pantone!
• Create Your Own Fabric Design with Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop: In this course, you’ll learn exactly how to take your artwork - whether it’s a watercolor painting on paper or a geometric vector image in Illustrator (or anything in between) — and turn it into a repeating pattern ready for fabric printing.
• Register today
• Print Regional Design Annual 2016. Early-Bird Deadline is February 5, 2016. Details at http://www.printmag.com/design-competitions/regional-design-annual/
• HOW Design Live - Register by Feb. 5 2015 to save www.howdesignlive.com
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Thanksgiving is a Time for Photographs
Vive la France, Merci Bernard
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• Vintage Fonts: 35 Adverts From the Past
• The Beauty of Map Design
• Back to the Future: Shock & Boredom for Big Tech Design
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).