1.16.17 / Sugar Will Set You Free
With all the warnings about the toxic effects of sugar on the body and mind, isn’t it refreshing to look back to, say, 1954, when sugar was a virtue—indeed a necessary part of a balanced and shapely lifestyle? Slim and trim were words to live by, as long as sugar was an ingredient. Or to quote the Archies:
The experts who write for PRINT magazine cover the why of design—why the world of design looks the way it does, how it has evolved, and why the way it looks matters. Subscribe to PRINT today, and get in on the conversation of what the brightest minds in the field are talking about right now—essential insight that every designer should know to get ahead.
Treat yourself and your team to a year of PRINT for $40—which includes the massive Regional Design Awards issue ($30 on newsstands).
• Subscribe today and get one year for only $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• In an age of retina and high definition displays, accurate and effective use of color is paramount. Grow in your understanding of how color works, and how you can make it work for your design work with Color: The Professional's Guide by Karen Triedman. With comprehensive information on color design and over 300 color images, discover a wide range of examples, techniques, inspiration, and solutions to fit your needs, whatever your discipline.
• Earn a Certificate in Branding: In this Branding Certificate, not only will you master the branding process, but you will also learn how to talk to clients about branding and how to position yourself as a branding expert.
• Register today
• HOW Logo Design Awards. Deadline is Nov. 4, 2016. Details at http://www.howdesign.com/design-competitions/logo-design-awards/
• HOW Design Live - Join us in Chicago in May 2017! www.howdesignlive.com
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Weekend Heller: Alt Logo
Political Writing is Bad Writing
Up With the Underground
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• A Tribute to Osamu Tezuka, Manga’s Most Influential Artist
• C6 Award-Winning Typefaces
• University Blues: The Challenges of Crafting Identities for Higher Education
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).