10.24.14 / Weekend Heller: Swastika Reclaimed
BBC producer Mukti Jain Campion, who founded Culture Wise to produce radio content, today aired “Reclaiming the Swastika” on BBC Radio 4, featuring an interview with me. Although it may be too late to hear the original airing, it will be on iPlayer here for 30 days.
Print’s International Design Issue
• Subscribe today and get 6 issues for $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• The PANTONE PLUS SERIES SOLID COLOR Set offers graphic designers, pre-press professionals and printers 1,755 solid color choices — including 644 new colors added since 2010, with 84 colors added just this year — in both fan guide and chips formats. Use fan guides to select, specify and match color, and attach tear-out chips to artwork and digital files for easy and consistent color communication. Lowest prices + free U.S. shipping on all Pantone!
• Most companies use their website as a static, informational only site, but what if you could create a website that helps your bottom dollar? Learn how to transform your website from an expense into a measurable source of income in this 1-hour webcast.
• When: November 6, 2014
• Time: 1pm - 2pm ET (1 hour)
• PRINT Typography & Lettering Awards - Allow your type to sing - See more at: http://www.printmag.com/design-competitions/print-typography-lettering-awards/
• HOW Interactive Design Conference - Nov. 17-19 at San Francisco - Register Now!
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Separated Well After Birth
Bite of the Golden Bee
AG Fronzoni Reappreciated
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• New Design Competition: Print’s Typography and Lettering Awards
• Best Book Covers: Penguin Drop Caps
• Like, OHMIGOD! A Totally Bitchin’ Valley Art Show
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).