8.26.16 / Weekend Heller: Election Fever at Wolfsonian
The great Wolfsonian Museum in Miami Beach is offering a host of election year special events and parties. Here are a few:
Thoughts on Democracy: Freedom to Vote 2016
The Politics of -Isms
Think and Drink: Fascism, Communism and Cocktails (Oh My!) – Part 1
Print’s Type & Lettering Awards are Back!
All too often, typography gets overlooked in larger design competitions—which is why we developed one that gives the artforms their full due and recognizes the best designers in each category. Whether you design your own typefaces, design type-centric pieces or create gorgeous handlettered projects, we want to see your work—and share it with our readers.
Enter today for a chance to be featured in Print magazine, receive a prize pack from MyDesignShop.com, and more.
• Subscribe today and get one year for only $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• In an age of retina and high definition displays, accurate and effective use of color is paramount. Grow in your understanding of how color works, and how you can make it work for your design work with Color: The Professional's Guide by Karen Triedman. With comprehensive information on color design and over 300 color images, discover a wide range of examples, techniques, inspiration, and solutions to fit your needs, whatever your discipline.
• Typography 101: Letterform Design I—Workshop: This class will help you to learn the details of typographic perception through basic letterform design. You will learn typographic nomenclature, basic letterform design, positive/negative space balance, and more.
• Register today
• HOW International Design Awards. Deadline is August 12th, 2016. Details at http://www.howdesign.com/design-competitions/international-design-awards/
• HOW Design Live - Join us in Chicago in MAy 2017! www.howdesignlive.com
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Perfecting the Art of Perfection
Elbert, Your Hubbard is Bare
Where’s Cadet Steve?
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• 22 of the Big Apple's Best Designs
• Color Matching Systems: Choosing & Using Color
• 10 Tools for Building the Perfect Color Palettes
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).