4.28.15 / Major Sutnar Facsimile Offered on Kickstarter
I don’t usually promote Kickstarter projects, or I would be inundated with requests. But I am intimately involved with this one: To print a faithful facsimile of Ladislav Sutnar’s most important design book, Ladislav Sutnar: Design in Action.
Out of print for decades, Visual Design in Action is one of the most beautiful books on modern graphic design. Written and designed by Ladislav Sutnar and published in 1961, it has been called a “lost milestone” and a “treasure.”
With your help, we’re going to create a perfect reprint of this iconic book and make it available again to the creative community.
The Kickstarter kicked off this morning and will go on for 36 days. As you will see on the site there are bonuses to be had, but the greatest bonus is having Lars Muller overseeing the meticulous production of this cherished volume. To help fund this project go here.
Print’s Regional Design Annual 2015: Enter Today!
• Subscribe today and get one year for only $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• The PANTONE PLUS SERIES SOLID COLOR Set offers graphic designers, pre-press professionals and printers 1,755 solid color choices — including 644 new colors added since 2010, with 84 colors added just this year — in both fan guide and chips formats. Use fan guides to select, specify and match color, and attach tear-out chips to artwork and digital files for easy and consistent color communication. Lowest prices + free U.S. shipping on all Pantone!
• In this workshop, Roberto Blake will teach you specifically about the most effective social media platforms for Graphic Designers and Artist, and how you can use them effectively in your career.
• When: Apr. 9 @ 1pm ET
• Time: 1 hour
• PRINT Regional Design Annual 2015 - Deadline May 15, 2105 - See more at: http://www.printmag.com/design-competitions/regional-design-annual/
• HOW Design Live - May 4-8 at Chicago IL - Registrater Now
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Interested in Ladislav Sutnar?
Weekend Heller: Secret Lives of Trade Characters
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• Skull Art: When Death Covered the Newsstand
• The 2015 RDA: The Industry’s Best Graphic Design Competition
• The Unlikely Beauty That Is Beige
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).