2.27.15 / Weekend Heller: Battle of the Caves
Thanks to DH follower Brian Burch for linking me to the cave of Brooklyn-based Chong Gon Byun, whose collection of artifacts is the subject of a short film, “This Must Be The Place,” produced and directed by Ben Wu and David Usui of Lost & Found films. There is such a strong similarity to my recently dismembered cave seen in the short by Nicolas Heller that I thought I’d reprise “The Cave” so you can compare and contrast.
Print’s Regional Design Annual 2015: Early bird registration ends Feb. 27!
• Subscribe today and get one year for only $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• The PANTONE PLUS SERIES SOLID COLOR Set offers graphic designers, pre-press professionals and printers 1,755 solid color choices — including 644 new colors added since 2010, with 84 colors added just this year — in both fan guide and chips formats. Use fan guides to select, specify and match color, and attach tear-out chips to artwork and digital files for easy and consistent color communication. Lowest prices + free U.S. shipping on all Pantone!
• This webcast with Christopher Butler will put you ahead of the trends in web design so that you can position yourself for success.
• When: Feb. 18 @ 1pm ET
• Time: 1 hour
• PRINT Regional Design Annual 2015 - Deadline April 10, 2105 - See more at: http://www.printmag.com/design-competitions/regional-design-annual/
• HOW Design Live - May 4-8 at Chicago IL - Registration Best Price Ends Mar. 31
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Corns That Monsanto Did Not Modify
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• Skull Art: When Death Covered the Newsstand
• The 2015 RDA: The Industry’s Best Graphic Design Competition
• The Unlikely Beauty That Is Beige
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).