4.25.14 / Trucks of All Colors
Studebaker was a great car company that produced the sweetest assortment of trucks. These from 1949 show color was back to stay. I’m showing them today because, well, they’re just so nice to look at they bring a smile to my eye.
2014 Regional Design Annual
• Subscribe today and get 6 issues for $40 — save 57% off the newsstand price
• Are You a Design VIP? Join today and get Print and HOW for one low price!
• The PANTONE PLUS SERIES SOLID COLOR Set offers graphic designers, pre-press professionals and printers 1,755 solid color choices — including 644 new colors added since 2010, with 84 colors added just this year — in both fan guide and chips formats. Use fan guides to select, specify and match color, and attach tear-out chips to artwork and digital files for easy and consistent color communication. Lowest prices + free U.S. shipping on all Pantone!
• In this 1-hour webinar, John T. Meyer walks you through the three essential phases of creating a top-notch infographic: data, design and distribute.
• When: April 16, 2014
• Time: 1pm - 2pm ET (1 hour)
• Send us your best designs from 2013. From posters to advertising to web design and more - this competition is the only comprehensive survey of outstanding design throughout the United States.
• HOW Design Live - May 12-16, 2014 - Boston - Sign up now!
PREVIOUSLY ON THE DAILY HELLER
Get Your Irish Up
When Typography Hit The Airwaves
Alan Kitching’s Full Court Letterpress
Previously on heller goes here
CURRENTLY ON IMPRINT
• DC Rises: New Design Group, Classic Paper Show
• The Print Celebrates Design Winners
• Legends in Advertising: Bill Bernbach, the Original Don Draper
is the co-founder and the co-chair of the MFA Designer as Author program at the School of Visual Arts. He writes the Visuals column for the New York Times Book Review and the Graphic Content blog for T-Style. He is the author, coauthor, and/or editor of more than 120 books on design and popular culture, including the recent book Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig (Chronicle).