Would you imagine that the designer who designed this, this and this—Lucian Bernhard—could also design this? He fancied himself a painter and sculptor of beautiful women. We are fortunate that he made his most important work as the creator of Sachplakat and typefaces. But work is work, so happy Labor Day.
- Jessica Hische and 9 other brilliant women ruling type and lettering today
- The top 25 American type masters
- Twelve overlooked typefaces you should be using
- Inside Monotype and MIT’s research lab
- Tattoo artist as typographer?
- Debbie Millman pens a love letter to Louise Fili
- And much, much more.