Camillus, aka C. Kessler, was born in Ottawa, KS, on March 3, 1883. (Hmm … didn’t know Ottawa was in Kansas.) At some point, Kessler moved to New York City. His cartoons appeared in the New York Press from January to June, 1914. That’s about all I knew about this prolific cartoon maestro until I stumbled upon this. Have a read. It’s better than I can do.
- Jessica Hische and 9 other brilliant women ruling type and lettering today
- The top 25 American type masters
- Twelve overlooked typefaces you should be using
- Inside Monotype and MIT’s research lab
- Tattoo artist as typographer?
- Debbie Millman pens a love letter to Louise Fili
- And much, much more.