3rd Annual Typography & Lettering Awards – Now Open!
Presented by PRINT
DEADLINE: October 14, 2016
Typography is one of the most vital keys to successful design—and Print’s Typography & Lettering Awards is here to celebrate it. But this isn’t just a competition for classic type designers: We’re looking for projects that feature great uses of type by any designer. We’re looking for handlettered work. And, of course, we’re also looking for original typefaces built from the ground up.
All too often, typography gets overlooked in larger design competitions these days—which is why we developed one that gives the artforms their full due and recognizes the best designers in each category.
Whether you design your own typefaces, design type-centric pieces or create gorgeous handlettered projects, we want to see your work—and share it with our readers.
Enter today for a chance to be featured in Print magazine, receive a prize pack from MyDesignShop.com, and more!
- One Best in Class winner for each category will be featured in Print magazine.
- Winners from each category, including the Best in Class, will be spotlighted in a public gallery on PrintMag.com, which receives over 3 million visits annually.
- The galleries will be promoted in Print’s design newsletter, which reaches nearly 80,000 subscribers.
- All winners will receive a prize pack of design books from Print’s official online store, MyDesignShop.com, and a subscription to Print magazine.
- Winners will receive a digital seal that can be used to promote their selection.
Print will choose the top winners by Dec. 31, 2016. Dates for the online gallery will be announced at that time.
DEADLINES & FEES
Early-Bird: Oct. 14, 2016
All entries must be submitted online no later than Oct. 14, 2016 (11:59 pm EST).
- Regular: $45
- Student Regular: $25
Regular: Nov. 11, 2016
All entries must be submitted online no later than Nov. 11, 2016 (11:59 pm EST).
- Regular: $50
- Student Regular: $30
By submitting work and entry fees, entrants acknowledge Print’s right to showcase the winners in Print magazine and on its website and related digital products.
- Handlettering: Mary Kate McDevitt
- Typographic Designs: Bobby C. Martin & Jennifer Kinon of the Original Champions of Design
- Typeface Designs: Veronika Burian of Type Together
WHO: All type designers, graphic designers, and handletterers—from professionals and freelancers to students.
WHAT: Typographic Designs (pieces in which type has been heavily utilized to execute a strong design), Typeface Designs, and Handlettered Work created or published between Jan. 1, 2016, and Dec. 31, 2016. For Student Work, the entrant must have been a student when the project was created.
The following are not permitted to enter the contest: employees of F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company, and their immediate family members and Print and HOW contributing editors and correspondents as listed on our masthead.
HOW TO ENTER
You must register your entry online through our simple system. You may submit up to 10 files per entry (10 MB per file). Acceptable file types include .gif, .jpeg, .png., and .pdf. For Typeface Designs, include a character set and samples of the type in use (the nature of the use will depend on the typeface); do not submit anything in perspective. For the Typographic Design category, include the names of the typeface(s) used in the design, if possible. For handlettering, if your work is based on an actual typeface, please include the name of it. For all entries, include shots of both the overall image and details.
Please make credits and descriptions as complete and accurate as possible, and please state the nature of the client’s business, where applicable.
We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa and checks. If paying by check, please make it payable to: F+W Media, Inc.
- Typographic Design: Overall designs in which typography has been used as the primary focus or element of the piece.
- Typeface Design: Type that you or your firm have created.
- Handlettered Work: Lettered designs created by hand.
*Each category will also have student sections, which will be judged alongside other student entries.
Questions? Contact us!
Phone: 715-445-4612 x13430