Early-Bird Deadline: March 1, 2017. Enter now!
Boost your work. Get discovered. Get the recognition you deserve. Get in the PRINT Regional Design Awards: The competition that stands apart and defines the design industry. The RDA is the industry’s most prestigious and well-respected American design competition. Thousands of art directors, studios and creative professionals not only enter the RDA every year, but also look to it to find the country’s top talent. No matter where you live or what your experience level is, the RDA collects the best design from every state across the U.S., and we want to see your work.
In 2017, PRINT is also launching a new RDA Student showcase for the very first time in the competition’s 36-year history—giving young designers a chance to start their careers off right with national recognition.
You can manage an existing entry here.
- All Winners will be published in PRINT’s Winter 2017 Regional Design Awards issue
- Six entries will be spotlighted as “Best of Region” winners, and receive in-depth coverage within the Winter 2017 issue of PRINT
- Readers will vote for their favorite Best of Region entry, and the Grand Prize Winner will receive a Big Ticket to HOW Design Live (up to a $2,295 value), a main-stage trophy presentation celebrating their work, and other exclusive opportunities on-site
- All winners will receive a complimentary copy of the Winter 2017 Regional Design Awards issue (which retails for $30 on newsstands)
- All Winners will be announced in a feature article on PRINT’s popular website, printmag.com, and will appear in an online gallery and in exclusive newsletter promotion
- All winners will receive a certificate template created by a prominent designer (in 2016, RDA judge Timothy Goodman designed the certificate for winners)
- All Winners will receive a $100 discount on any HOW Design Live 2018 registration.
Print will notify the winners by November 30, 2017, after judging is complete.
2017 marks one of the most exciting juries PRINT has ever had the honor of assembling:
- Aaron Draplin
- Jessica Hische
- Pum Lefebure
- Ellen Lupton
- Eddie Opara
- Paula Scher
- Annual Reports
- App Design
- Book Covers/Jackets
- Data Visualization/Information Graphics
- Editorial (magazine and newspaper covers/spreads)
- Editorial entire books (covers/interior content)
- Environmental Design
- Motion Graphics
- Multimedia Campaigns
- UX Design
- Wearables (t-shirts, hats, bags, etc.)
- Web Design
How to Enter
WHO—Any professional creative or student creative working anywhere in the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
WHAT—Any printed communication or digital design that appeared or was published in the U.S. between Jan. 1, 2016, and Dec. 31, 2016.
- Entries must be submitted online, through the portal above.
- You may submit up to 10 files per entry (10 MB per file). File formats for digital images include: .jpg and .jpeg only (do not submit .tif, .png, .pdf or .gif files) in RGB color mode, no smaller than 3 inches for the shortest dimension at 300 dpi. Larger dimensions are preferred for detail and cropping. If the entry is a website, please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for reproduction in the magazine. If the entry is a video, file formats include: .mov; .avi; .mp4; .wma. Please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for reproduction in the magazine.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. PRINT isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- The release date of the submission must fall between Jan. 1, 2016, and Dec. 31, 2016.
- Describe the objective and results of your entry in 100 words or fewer and include the description on the entry form. This may appear in the magazine.
- For more information, including project delivery methods, see Preparing Your Entry.
We accept all major credit cards, or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media Inc. and send to Print Regional Design Awards—Payment Center,
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200, Blue Ash, OH 45242. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries. See Pricing and Deadlines.
For inspiration from the winners of the 2016 Regional Design Awards, click here!
Stay Up to Date!
To receive occasional updates on deadlines, when winners are announced and other design competitions information, sign up for our newsletter.