If you’re at #HOWLive, you’re probably gearing up to check out all of the amazing sessions now through Monday just like us. If you’re not there, or if you just haven’t taken the time to check out all the print design goodness at HDL, explore the happenings below:
Dozens of Amazing Sessions
There are endless sessions for print designers to check out at HOW Design Live. We’re particularly excited about:
- TYPE CAMP TYPOGRAPHY WORKSHOP with Dr. Shelley Gruendler of TypeCamp
- THE POWER OF EFFECTIVE IMAGERY with Adam Shutsa,Vice President of Design at 500px and Josh Vogel, Digital Content Manager at Lonely Planet
- COMICS AND THE ART OF VISUAL COMMUNICATION with Scott McCloud
- ADAPTING CREATIVITY IN THE 21ST CENTURY with Tiffany Shlain, American Filmaker & Author
- THE WORKING MIND AND DRAWING HAND OF OLIVER JEFFERS with Oliver Jeffers, Artist & Illustrator
- DESIGN THE LIFE YOU LOVE with Ayse Birsel, Co-founder & Creative Director at Birsel+Seck
- TELLING THE STORY OF A STORYTELLER’S BRAND with Matthew Muñoz, Chief Design Officer + Partner at New Kind
- TECHNOLOGY MEETS NEUROSCIENCE – CHANGING THE FUTURE OF HEALTH AND EDUCATION with Adam Gazzaley, Professor in Neurology, Physiology and Psychiatry at UC San Francisco
Pixels of Fury is a traveling graphic design competition that pits contestants against one another in a high‑speed challenge, cheered on by a live audience. Join the fun on Friday, 7:30pm – 10:30pm at 152 Luckie Street Northwest in Atlanta.
Watch @printmag on Twitter to see our hunt for interesting typography and lettering throughout the Atlanta area. If you’re in town, join in with hashtag #AtlTypeHunt.
Watch the Sunday and Monday Keynotes for Free
Finally—the best part—you can watch the Sunday and Monday keynotes for FREE, courtesy of our friends at CreativeLive. That includes Chip Kidd, Stefan Sagmeister, Debbie Millman, Marc Ecko and other great speakers.
Check Out the Exhibit Hall
Don’t miss all of the amazing swag from vendors like Neenah Paper, French Paper, Pantone and more. If you can’t make the rest of the conference, but you’ll be in Atlanta, you can get a free pass to check out the Exhibit Hall on Saturday, May 21.