The 2015 Regional Design Annual is now officially open.
2015 is going to be a monumental year. Print magazine—the oldest and most historic graphic design magazine in the U.S.—is celebrating 75 years. The RDA—the most respected and anticipated graphic design competition in the country—is celebrating 35 years.
Join us, and be a part of the most historic RDA yet.
WHY SHOULD YOU ENTER?
Print gives credit where credit is due—and presents your work to the world. From among thousands of entries, every year, our judges—the best minds working in the field today—select more than 300 of the best designs in the U.S. to be featured and spotlighted in our annual, giving winners deep industry exposure. The RDA has been Print’s most popular issue for years, and is read and collected by art directors and designers around the globe.
Regional Recognition. The RDA serves as a stunning catalog of the best and most innovative work being done coast to coast, and is the only comprehensive survey of design broken down by region: the South, Southwest, Midwest, East, Far West and New York City.
Complete coverage. In 2015, the RDA will feature an expanded page count to give the competition its due. Moreover, rather than just spotlighting the best work, for only the second time we’ll name an exclusive Best of Region winner in every region, and offer a deeper look at the winning design and the firm that created it.
Unparalleled judges. We are thrilled to announce our lineup of brilliant judges who will be reviewing your work and selecting the best designs in each region:
- New York City: Louise Fili, Louise Fili Ltd, AIGA Medalist (the highest honor in the field of graphic design), former senior designer for the legendary Herb Lubalin
- East: Stephen Doyle, Doyle Partners, AIGA Medalist, hailed as the “ultimate designer’s designer“
- South: Ann Willoughby, Willoughby Design Inc., AIGA Medalist, champion of women in design
- Southwest: DJ Stout, partner, Pentagram, winner of numerous design awards, work housed in several permanent collections around the country
- Midwest: Charles S. Anderson, Charles S. Anderson Design Co., AIGA Medalist, recipient of the Society of Typographic Arts’ Honorary Lifetime Membership Award
- Far West: Noreen Morioka, AdamsMorioka, AIGA Medalist, named to the ID40 recognizing the 40 most important people shaping design internationally
A level playing field. Anyone can enter the RDA, and everyone competes on an equal plane—from small firms to major corporations to independent designers. The best designs win the day, leading many to have their work discovered, accelerating careers and attracting new clients.
Prizes! We’ll be updating our website soon with the full list of 2015 prizes.
This will be a seminal year for the RDA, and will give our winners more exposure, reach and recognition than ever. Join us—and enter by our early bird deadline of February 27 to save on all entry fees.