Six Word Story Every Day is, says type designer Chank Diesel,”a different six word story every day, exploring storytelling and typography by lots of different great designers and writers. They put up a different story every day for a year.”
– One story will be posted each day in 2011
– Stories need to be exactly 6 words, with each word included in design
– File dimensions: RGB, flattened JPG, 900 pixels wide*
– Send stories to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time
– Include story text, full names of designer and writer, website & Twitter links
– We will curate the submissions and email you if your story is posted
– Have fun! Be original!
The project has evolved from when in 2010 “it was just one writer and one designer who made a story every day.” The writer was Van Horgen and the designer was Anne Ulku. Here are the 365 stories they made.
“I don’t know exactly what they’re gonna do this year,” says Chank, “but I have been impressed and inspired by those funny little typographic stories they’ve been putting up every day (and of course I’m flattered they used a few of my submissions).”
Credits (from top):
I’ll choose happiness every damn time.
Writer/Designer: Jeff O’Neal
Life is better in 3D. Usually.
Writer/Designer: Kelsey Watkins