This is the category of “decorative material” found in most type specimen books, before you from the Empire Foundry in Buffalo, New York, c. 1910. Can you find the curiosity. Hint: it was used as a printing ornament for over a century before it was used for something else.
More Design Resources:
- Available now: Print Magazine’s Guest Art Director Digital Collection
- Enter your work in the Regional Design Annual
- Damn Good Advice (for people with talent!) with George Lois
- Get an inside look at logo design fromÊChermayeff & Geismar
- Leni Schwendinger talks about taking risks and embracing experimentation