The 2013 Regional Design Annual has arrived! This 33rd Regional Design Annual showcases the very best work of 2013 from all corners of the United States from self-promotion, ad campaigns, book covers and much more. This year’s competition was awe inspiring and left quite an impression on the judges!!
Cover design by Debbie Millman. Photography by Brent Taylor.
The categories for the 2013 Regional Design Annual are:
- Far West: Judged by Petrula Vrontikis, a leading voice in graphic design and creative director and owner of Vrontikis Design Office and professor of graphic design and professional practices at Art Center College of Design.
- Southwest: Judged by Douglas May, award-winning design veteran and president of May & Co out of Dallas, Texas
- Midwest: Judged by Dana Lytle, founder of Planet Propaganda and principal and design director.
- South: Hank Richardson, director of the design Program at Portfolio Center, a graduate-level professional school for the communicating arts in Atlanta.
- East:Frank Basemen, creative director and principal of Basemen Design Associates, and associate professor in graphic design communication program at Philadelphia University.
- New York City: Stan Church, award-winning chief creative officer and founder of Wallace Church.
Also in this issue:
Claire Lui and Douglas Wolk on the best book and album art of 2013
Paul Shaw and Stephen Coles pick the six most notable typefaces from 2013.
Steven Heller muses on technology’s role in graphic design
Rick Poynor helps us understand why design collections are important to the field.