The Print Regional Design Annual is the most comprehensive graphic design competition in the United States, and it’s the only competition that organizes work by geography. The competition recognizes projects of all kinds, from packaging designs to 3D projects to interactive design and self-promotion projects. Winners are chose by judges who are preeminent leaders and role models in the design world, and their projects are displayed in both the magazine and in an online gallery.
Now in its 33rd year, the RDA has been providing talented designers with national exposure since it began. It helps designers raise their profile, grow their businesses, and measure their work against their peers. Thousands of art directors, studios and creative professionals reference the Annual as an essential resource for talent acquisition and inspiration.
Enter Print’s Regional Design Annual by the May 30 deadline to be featured among the best of the best!
As web design junkie, I found last year’s interactive design and web design winners to be particularly impressive. Interactive designers are increasingly taking advantage of sleek new web design techniques and capitalizing on responsive web design to optimize digital resources for all devices and audiences. Check out a few of the highlights below:
1. I Shot Him Portfolio SiteDESIGN FIRM I Shot Him (San Francisco)CREATIVE DIRECTOR/DESIGNER/WRITER Mike JeterPHOTOGRAPHER Matt SartainWRITER/DEVELOPER Adam PetersonPROP STYLIST Jesse SilverCLIENT I Shot Him
2. Skullcandy Supreme Sound AppDESIGN FIRM Hint Creative (Salt Lake City)CREATIVE DIRECTOR Nate MorleyART DIRECTORS Dino Manuel, Christian HansePROJECT MANAGER Amanda SchaeferDESIGNERS Kevin Cantrell, Tyson Cantrell, Brad Smith, Gloria PakDEVELOPER Knight StudiosCLIENT Skullcandy
3. Kevin Twomey WebsiteDESIGN FIRM Hub Strategy (San Francisco)CREATIVE DIRECTOR Peter JuddASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR/DESIGNER Jason RothmanDEVELOPER Megan ChristensenPHOTOGRAPHER/CLIENT Kevin Twomey
4. Faces of Drunk Driving Website, www.facesofdrunkdriving.comDESIGN FIRM Sherry Matthews Advocacy Marketing (Austin, TX)CREATIVE DIRECTOR Charles WebreCREATIVE DIRECTOR/ART DIRECTOR/DESIGNER Michael HarmanDEVELOPER Chris StaytonOTHER Carol GibsonVIDEO PRODUCTION Corra FilmsCLIENT Texas Department of Transportation
5. Alcoholidays —Yulelogin, Website/Self-promotionDESIGN FIRM One Trick Pony (Hammonton, NJ)
6. Capturing Self-Expression for Shutterstock, BrandingDESIGN FIRM LippincottCREATIVE DIRECTOR/DESIGNER/WRITER Brendán MurphyCREATIVE DIRECTOR Su Mathews HaleDESIGNER/WRITER Elena Gil-ChangDESIGNER Chet PurtilarSTRATEGY Anne KawalerskiPRODUCTION Jeremy Darty, Brendan deVallanceILLUSTRATOR/PHOTOGRAPHER/CLIENT Shutterstock
7. ITAL/C Site Design, WebsiteDESIGN FIRM – ITAL/C (Los Angeles)
Don’t miss your opportunity to have your work seen by thousands. Enter the RDA today!