PRINTCast: The PRINT Podcast Studio is a curated collection of cutting-edge podcasts we love about design, creativity, branding, books, and further subjects afield. Here’s the latest episode of Evolve CPG, a podcast about innovative leaders who are evolving the Consumer Packaged Goods industry by building better products and better brands to imagine a better world.
Entrepreneurs need to be creative and forward-thinking to build a successful and sustainable business. Although making money is the main objective of any business, entrepreneurs are focused on much more than profit margins or the bottom line.
Today’s guest, Jordan Buckner, overcame many challenges while starting and running his own companies and realized that startups need help to succeed in the food and beverage space. He subsequently founded Foodbevy, a company helping aspiring entrepreneurs establish their brands in the food and beverage industry.
In our conversation, we discuss his entrepreneurial journey, how to leverage fundraising platforms effectively, three aspects that will make your entrepreneurial journey easier, and what makes his subscription box service different from the rest. We also talk about his overall mission, supporting other entrepreneurs, how the food and beverage space has changed, how to establish a relationship between the customer and brand, and much more.
Tune in and discover how entrepreneurs can contribute to society by finding innovative solutions to social issues with Jordan Buckner!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Some background on Jordan and his professional career journey.
- Learn about how he became interested in food as a business venture.
- Jordan shares details about some of his first food startups.
- Find out the reason he decided not to pursue funding opportunities.
- What Jordan would do differently if he could start over.
- He shares advice for building, funding, and sustaining a business.
- His opinion on using fundraising platforms to acquire capital.
- What inspired him to launch his own subscription box service.
- How he approaches finding brands for his subscription service.
- Details about Foodbevy, what motivated him to start it, and its mission.
- Ways in which other entrepreneurs and communities can support each other.
- Jordan reveals how he networks with and helps other founders.
- Whether he has criteria for partnering with other companies.
- The design and purpose of the Startup To Scale Podcast.
- We discuss the future of the food and beverage industry.