DEADLINE: May 1, 2019
Boost your work. Get discovered. Get the recognition you deserve. Get in the PRINT Regional Design Awards: The competition that stands apart and defines the design industry. The RDA is the industry’s most prestigious and well-respected American design competition. Thousands of art directors, studios and creative professionals not only enter the RDA every year, but also look to it to find the country’s top talent. No matter where you live or what your experience level is, the RDA collects the best design from every state across the U.S., and we want to see your work.
PRINT is also continuing the new RDA Student showcase which launched in 2017 for the very first time in the competition’s 37-year history—giving young designers a chance to start their careers off right with national recognition.
You can manage an existing entry here.
- Six entries will be spotlighted as “Best of Region” winners, and receive in-depth coverage on printmag.com
- Best of Region winners will get special on-site recognition at HOW Design Live before thousands of designers, art directors and decision-makers
- Readers will vote for their favorite Best of Region entry, and the Grand Prize Winner will receive a Full Conference Registration to HOW Design Live (up to a $2,295 value), a main-stage trophy presentation celebrating their work, and other exclusive opportunities on-site.
- All Winners will be announced in a feature article on PRINT’s popular website, printmag.com, and will appear in an online gallery and in exclusive newsletter promotion.
- All winners will receive a certificate template.
- All Winners will receive discounts on HOW Design Live 2020 registrations.
Print will notify the winners by August 31, 2019, after judging is complete.
- Sam Eckersley
- Satoru Nihei
- Courtney Gooch
- Carly Ayres
- Anne Jordan
- Antonio Alcala
- Eric Friedensohn
- Annual Reports
- App Design
- Book Covers/Jackets
- Data Visualization/Information Graphics
- Editorial (magazine and newspaper covers/spreads)
- Editorial entire books (covers/interior content)
- Environmental Design
- Motion Graphics
- Multimedia Campaigns
- UX Design
- Wearables (t-shirts, hats, bags, etc.)
- Web Design
How to Enter
WHO—Any professional creative or student creative working anywhere in the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
WHAT—Any printed communication or digital design that appeared or was published in the U.S. between Jan. 1, 2018, and Dec. 31, 2018.
- Entries must be submitted online.
- You may submit up to 10 files per entry (10 MB per file). File formats for digital images include: .jpg and .jpeg only (do not submit .tif, .png, .pdf or .gif files) in RGB color mode, no smaller than 3 inches for the shortest dimension at 300 dpi. Larger dimensions are preferred for detail and cropping. If the entry is a website, please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for reproduction in the magazine. If the entry is a video, file formats include: .mov; .avi; .mp4; .wma. Please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for reproduction in the magazine.
- All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. For publication these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels), ideally, and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum. Winners will also be required to submit a high-resolution TIFF or JPG file (CMYK format/300dpi) for the work(s) to be published. In addition, images must have quality lighting and arrangement and present work cleanly. If images provided are not of high enough quality due to poor lighting, arrangement, presentation, etc., then we reserve the right to omit from printing.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. PRINT isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- The release date of the submission must fall between Jan. 1, 2018, and Dec. 31, 2018.
- Describe the objective and results of your entry in 100 words or fewer and include the description on the entry form. This may appear in the magazine.
- For more information, including project delivery methods, see Preparing Your Entry.
We accept all major credit cards, or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media Inc. and send to Print Regional Design Awards—Payment Center,
10151 Carver Road, Suite 300, Blue Ash, OH 45242. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries. See Pricing and Deadlines.
For inspiration from the winners of the 2018 Regional Design Awards, click here!
Stay Up to Date!
To receive occasional updates on deadlines, when winners are announced and other design competitions information, sign up for our newsletter.