On November 6 and 7, Toronto will be flooded with 2,000 creative professionals from across Canada and around the world will be attending the 15th annual DesignThinkers Conference on November 6 and 7, hosted by the Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD).
DesignThinkers is Canada’s premier conference for communication designers andstrategists, advertisers and brand managers who believe that design is critical to effective,memorable communication and marketing. The theme for this year’s conference is premised upon ‘The Awakening’. See video here.
– Charles Adler, co-founder of Kickstarter (USA)
– Philippe Apeloig, previously Art Director for the Louvre (France)
– Irma Boom, designer of “some of the most beautiful books to have been published in the last decade,” British Design Museum (Netherlands)
– Henry Hobson, creator of opening credits for The Walking Dead, Rango, SherlockHolmes and Snow White & the Huntsman (UK)
– Mary Lewis, Founding Partner of Lewis Moberly, with packaging clients Beefeater, Häagen-Dazs, Johnnie Walker, Lindeman’s and Moët & Chandon (UK)
– Ellen Lupton: design educator, curator and historian (US)
– Paula Scher, Pentagram Partner, creator of logos for iconic Tiffany & Co., Citibank (US)
– Erik Spiekermann, type designer whose work includes Nokia’s corporate typeface, Deutsche Bahn’s type system and the typeface for Firefox OS (Germany)
– Richard Turley, MTV’s first Senior VP of Visual Storytelling, formerly Creative Director of Bloomberg Businessweek (US)
– Jessica Walsh, Principal of Sagmeister & Walsh, creator of ‘40 Days of Dating’ (US)
– Willy Wong, Creative Director of New York City (US)
Interactive Design Conference If you’re looking to increase your web design skills, don’t miss the HOW Interactive Design Conference. Learn how to use the newest strategies and tools from the experts at the HOW Interactive Design Conference, October 19 – 21 in Chicago or November 17 – 19 in San Francisco.
About Steven Heller
Steven Heller is the co-chair of the SVA MFA Designer /Designer as Author + Entrepreneur program, writes frequently for Wired and Design Observer. He is also the author of over 170 books on design and visual culture. He received the 1999 AIGA Medal and is the 2011 recipient of the Smithsonian National Design Award.View all posts by Steven Heller →