PRINTCast: The PRINT Podcast Studio is a curated collection of cutting-edge podcasts we love about design, creativity, branding, books, and further subjects afield. Here’s the latest episode of Evolve CPG, a podcast about innovative leaders who are evolving the Consumer Packaged Goods industry by building better products and better brands to imagine a better world.
Did you know that up to 40% of food in the USA goes to waste every year?
In this episode of Evolve CPG, Caroline Cotto is here to discuss how conscious consumers and brands can fight this problem. Caroline is Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer at Renewal Mill, President of the Upcycled Food Association, and she also is passionate about all things health, wellness and, food!
Finding partners with the same mission is imperative and today, Caroline shares how her company found success with the help of theirs. We also discuss the importance of making sustainability a factor in the food that we buy before discussing how upcycling food is healthier for us and the planet. So to hear more about how to fight food waste and ultimately, climate change, tune in now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The mission and vision of Renewal Mill to consider the health of people and the planet.
- Why Renewal Mill wants to make sustainability sexy.
- The products Renewal Mill used to market their upcycled ingredients.
- How Renewal Mill found their partners and why they’re key for the company.
- How marketing influences choices and who Renewal Mill is marketing their products to.
- What Renewal Mill’s partnership focus is for the future.
- How upcycled food has become popular and where Caroline thinks it’s going in the future.
- Why conscious consumers/brands must ask questions and demand better for our food.
- The importance of communicating to consumers in a truthful manner.
- Where Caroline’s passion for food and nutrition came from.
- Caroline’s research on what influences children’s food choices.
- All about Caroline’s involvement in the Upcycled Food Association.